Sunday, November 06, 2005

Silence of the Terminals! An education FPS (well a base...)

Well I had quite a few hours over the weekend, more but I wasted most...

But I started to work on the education game, at the moment its just a Multiplayer FPS, with two weapons, a Submachinegun(A thompson model I did for a friend) and a Riotgun (an old gernade launcher from Arrakis, the riotgun is an Auto-Shotgun that looks like a MM1 Gernade launcher or a Chingun).

Also added ammo and magazine display, a new crosshair, no player names over head, bump-mapped detail texture for the terrain(don't know why GG.com don't use it?), magazines and reloading only automatic there but ok and added spread to the weapons firing so everything isn't so pinpoint!

I also mucked about with a door, but I could place it very well in the current buildings so I gave up.

I put it up for download in .zip format Download sott.zip 13.2MB (was 9.46MB when it was a .rar!)

Why Sott? well I just named it "Silence of the Terminals" yes I'm scared too! *spooky stuff*
As a temp name all I could think of, well first it was "Silence of the Consoles" but I thought people may confuse it with Consoles like a PlayStation etc.

So give it a go, and if you could tell me what you think we can do to make this a thriller of an education game! - because there is no hacking or cracking in it yet!

Requirements:
CPU: 400MHz and up
Video: TNT2 and up (OpenGL 1.2/DirectX 7)
RAM: 64MB
NET: 56k modem, ISDN recomended

OS: Win 95 and up, Linux and Mac (get your native file from www.garagegames.com download the Torque Game Engine Demo)

Controls are by default(can change in options):
W - forward
S - backward
A - sidestep left
D - sidestep right
Space - Jump
E - Zoom
R - Zoom x
mouse 1 - Fire
1 - Submachinegun
2 - Riotgun
t - Gobal chat
h - Apply health pack

By default its set at 640x480x32, I recommend you put this up in the options.

Any problems comments just e-mail or post here :-)

Now I'm off to install Solaris 10 :-D

P.S. You can check if there are any Sott servers up here:
gnometech.com gglist Silence of the Terminals

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Bug so far: Ammo and Magazine counters don't reset on new game untill they get a new weapon.

9:48 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Runs fine so far on the systems at college, 800x600 with 32 bit colour is always around 29-38FPS (60FPS would be great though to have 60 Fields Per Second)

So I recommend to change your res to 800x600 and keep it to 32bit colour.

But all runs fine :-)
A bit slow really for a 3GHz HT CPU!
The Intel Graphics slows it down quite a lot :-(.

2:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home